Welcome to NHA’s Nominations/Judging Portal. Please login to complete an application or judge a submission.
NOTE: For NHA Members, this portal is separate from your NHA website login. If this is your first time accessing this portal, you will have to create a new login. Click here to create a new login.
Don't have a login? Create one here
2020 NHA Board Nominations
Do you know someone who would be a great addition to NHA’s Board of Directors?
About the board
The board is entrusted with setting the strategic direction and policies that govern the Association's activities. It is an active board and expects its members to take an engaged role in the Association.
Candidates must be members in good standing with strong leadership qualities and experience.
Additionally, candidates must have the support of their companies to run for a board seat and be able to travel to attend at least four of the five annual board meetings.
How to Nominate Someone for the Board
If you would like to submit a nomination, please click the link above to access our Nominations portal. Existing members who have already accessed our portal can use their existing log-in. If this is your first time on our portal, you will asked to create a new account.
In addition to providing contact information, in 500 words or less, you will be ask to tell us why your nominee should serve on NHA’s board.
The Nomination Process
The Board of Directors approves the nomination's slate based off of the recommendations from the Nominating Committee. The slate will contain 10 nominees to fill 5 open board seats. In early October, NHA members will be encouraged to visit the portal to vote for nominees.
The election will conclude this fall with the newly elected board members beginning their four-year term in January 2020.
How many people can I nominate for the board?
You may submit more than one name. You may also nominate yourself.
Who has been Nominated So Far?
As of 8/9/19
- Alok Sinha, WAPCOS
- Paul Bernhardt, Bergmann
- Mike Haynes, Seattle City Light
- Scott Hennessey, Brookfield Renewables
- David Gatto, Ames Construction, Inc.
- Randy Herrin, Duke Energy
- Carl Atkinson, Voith Hydro
- Mathieu Bolullo, Hydro-Quebec
- Nate Sandvig, National Grid
- Sharon White, Van Ness Feldman
- Scott Ginesin, American Governor Company
- Jose Zayas, Cube Hydro Partners
- Tim Brush, Inter-Fluve, Inc.
- George Bonner, Coastal Studies Institute
- Heidi Wahto, Stantec
- John Zhang, jhp & associates, inc.
- Mary Gail Sullivan, NorthWestern Energy
- Ellen Faulkner, Ayres Associates
- Joel Ledesma, Northern California Power Agency