Welcome to NHA’s Nominations/Judging Portal. Please login to complete an application or judge a submission.
NOTE: For NHA Members, this portal is separate from your NHA website login. If this is your first time accessing this portal, you will have to create a new login. Click here to create a new login.
Don't have a login? Create one here
2019 Outstanding Stewards of America’s Waters Awards
Do you have a project that you think is worthy of OSAW recognition?
Hydropower’s proven track record of providing a domestic source of clean, renewable, and reliable electricity for more than 125 years is no accident. It has taken hard work, perseverance, creativity, innovation, and a collaborative spirit. Today, these same values are also driving a new generation of marine energy projects that harness the power of oceans, tides, man-made conduits and other waterways, in addition to rivers.
As an industry, we recognize the organizations that examplify these values with the Outstanding Stewards of America’s Waters (OSAW) Awards. Annually, we honor deserving organizations in the hydropower industry for projects that exhibit exemplary operational, educational, historical, recreational, or environmental enhancement and stewardship. The OSAW awards are presented at NHA's Waterpower Week in Washington, in Washington, DC.
- OSAW Applications are due January 14th.
- You can start your application now and save it to be completed later!
- Winners will be notified in January 2019.
- The award ceremony will take place during the 2018 Waterpower Week in Washington, April 1-3, 2018 in Washington, DC.
- Specific projects, programs, activities or events pertaining to hydropower in the United States or Canada that meet the three category criteria.
- An application for a specific accomplishment may be submitted in only one category; however, an applicant may submit applications for multiple different accomplishments.
- An accomplishment, or the intended effect or result of an accomplishment, must have occurred or have been substantially realized in 2017.
Up to three awards will be presented for each of the three categories. For each application, the submitted accomplishment must be clearly identified and have tangible results for activities undertaken in the year 2018.
- Operational Excellence
- Public Education
- Recreational, Historical, & Environmental Enhancement
- Challenge (30%)
- Innovation (30%)
- Results (30%)
- WOW Factor (10%)
To learn more about the OSAW Awards, click here to download the 2019 OSAW Applicant Guide for detailed information on eligibility, categories, and helpful hints when applying.
2017 OSAW Winners